The incoherent blathering and deranged rantings of the self-styled Guru Bob...

Friday, July 16, 2010

Back in action?


Once again I have been most remiss in my absence from this place - although I have been trying to drop my occasional snide remark here and there. So in order to let you all know what has been happening in my life I thought that I would resort to the ultimate cheat in blogging entries - yes here is a photo of my current pile of reading matter. Some of it already completed, some of it underway and some just cluttering up the place.

Just a couple of notes about things that have caught my eye:
- the National Broadband Network apparently starts rolling out next week in three towns in Tasmania - one of which happens to be the locale of our favorite long-haired opinionated science-fiction authors and bloggers - so I am waiting to hear what he thinks of all this and who he had to sleep with to make this happen?
- a brand spanking new art museum that I really want to visit is under construction also in Tasmania so I wonder when it went from being backward and redneck to cutting edge??

It was a delight to catch up with some of my fellow burgers last week when JB was in town and I am looking forwards to Chaz's visit in late August as well. In the meantime I will be trawling through the program of the Melbourne Writers Festival for some events  to attend and trying to catch the new Predators movie - which is supposed to be pretty good.

By the way if anyone has some photos from the dumpling bar last week I would be keen to see them as well.

In the meantime - have a great weekend - I will hopefully have a more complete update next week.

5 comments:

  1. I thought your absence was a sign that the Rapture was upon us. I am relieved to learn I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back blogging, reviews of the books on your side table would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barnes is SO funny! Who cares about the book son your side table? I sure don't. And you know why? Because I'm drunk. Seriously. I am buzzed on organic Tequila that my wife gave me. God, I love my wife.

    ReplyDelete